The windows you choose are one of the most important elements of your home. They play a major part in both the interior and exterior aesthetics of your home and can greatly influence the ambiance and style of your home. Therefore, selecting the best replacement windows Baltimore can offer for your home is arguably one of the most important home improvement tasks that homeowners face.
There are numerous types of windows, and knowing the difference between the basic types can help you make a more informed decision when it comes time to make your selection. Some of the most common types of windows include the following:
- Double-hung windows. Double-hung windows are windows that have two sashes that can move up and down. They are among the most common types of windows and are the types of windows that only allow one half of the window to be open at a time.
- Picture windows. These types of windows are large and are typically flanked by double-hung windows.
- Casement windows. Casement windows are windows that are hinged to switch outdoors and operate much like a door. They are another one of the most common types of windows found in homes.
- Awning windows. Awning windows are similar to casement windows, except whereas casement windows are hinged vertically, awning windows are hinged horizontally.
- Sliding windows. Sliding windows are exactly as their name implies, windows that slide on tracks. These windows have become extremely popular and provide drama to a home.
- Jalousie windows. Jalousie windows were more popular back in the medieval centuries. Therefore, people wanting to recreate medieval style homes might want to incorporate these types of windows into their designs. They are windows that are lowered via a crank.
- Arched windows. Arched windows are those that feature an arch in them and are oftentimes simply placed about double-hung windows or fixed windows to add drama and character to a home.
Selecting a Contractor for Replacement Windows Baltimore
One of the first elements that you should consider when getting ready to select a contractor for replacement windows MD is what type of windows you want to have incorporated into your home.
The reason for this is so that you can ensure that the replacement windows Baltimore contractor that you’re considering using has installed the type of windows that you’re wanting installed in your home before. You might want to ask to see samples or pictures of previous work that the replacement windows Baltimore contractor has installed for previous clients to ensure that they do quality work.
Some of the other issues that you might want to consider when trying to choose the right window replacement contractor include the following:
- Industry credentials
- Licensure and certification
- Length of time in the business (experience)
- Membership in any professional window associations
- Brands of windows the contractor carries
Evaluating all of the above elements for each contractor that you’re considering using can greatly help you sort through the various companies in your area. You always want to make sure that the contractor that you use has the appropriate licensure and certification to complete the tasks that they do.
In your analysis of Maryland window replacement companies, we ask you to consider Charis Contracting too. We bring years of experience and countless numbers of delighted customers. We’ll be happy to take measurements and provide you with a free, no-obligation estimate too. To request one, call us at (410) 440-2991 or just fill out the form on this page and we’ll schedule a time to come by.