When selecting siding, there are six basic issues to consider:
- Water Resistance. Water-resistant types of siding will have longer life spans.
- Ease of Installation. If you’re installing the siding on your own, make sure it is within your skill set, requires no special tools, and creates no harmful dust when cut.
- Energy Efficiency. Check the R-value rating for energy savings and understand what will be needed as far as insulation beneath the cladding.
- Aesthetics. Your siding will be in full view as you come and go, so make sure it is beautiful to you.
- Versatility. Make sure the siding has the versatility to meet the varied needs of your specific project. If there are aspects of your home’s exterior that will make using a particular type of siding more challenging than others, make sure you understand what the added costs or necessary adjustments will be.
- Durability. Does it have the strength to resist temperature shifts present in your climate? How does it stand up to everyday wear and tear?
Please contact us at Charis Roofing for your Siding needs and we will gladly assist you with choosing the right product and materials for your home.
Request A Free Home Inspection And Estimate – Call us at (410) 440-2991 or Fill Out The Form On This Page Today!